Friday, August 20, 2010

Sharing the News with our boys:-)


A few weeks ago we decided to share some big news with Logan. We were unsure of how to explain this new addition to a 3 year old boy, but he understood it quite well! It went something like this:

Mike and I sat Logan down and showed him a picture of me when I was very pregnant with Austin. We asked Logan what was in my belly and he thoughtfully answered, "a ball." We said no, it was a baby. "There is a baby in mommy's belly right now, we are having another baby!" Logan looked at us with the most genuine big mouth expression. Slowly he gave a huge smile! All night long, he kept saying, "there's a baby in your belly mommy". At one point he even jumped around and said, "this is going to be so much fun!". After Logan did this, I knew it was one of the reasons we have children. He came up to me and started pointing at my belly saying his usual, "there's a baby in your belly". He then quizzically looked at me and started to lift up my shirt looking for the baby.

I am sure many second/third (or more) time moms have so many fun stories to go along with their pregnancies. To see how a child starts to understand a growing family is so amazing and intriguing. It was hilarious to be wrestling with him later and have him all of a sudden shout out, "I gotta be careful for the baby", as he awkwardly avoids my stomach:-)



Some facts about our THIRD!

We found out almost a month ago, while in MN. We are due March 25th, though I think it is a little later than that. It was fun to share the news with Mike, even though this is our third. To see his excitement is always such a rush. Before we found out we were pregnant, the idea of being pregnant while he was on deployment created new circumstances. For instance, finding out what sex the baby is. I had an idea of putting the sex in an envelope then opening over skype, however, Mike got real amped up when HE decided that we aren't going to find out. So, ...sorry guys, you will know shortly after we know what the baby is, in about 8 months! It has been a roller coaster of a pregnancy as there was the possibility of a miscarriage early on. We went through the emotions of letting the baby go only to find out a few days later there was a heartbeat. I am very grateful that I didn't have to go through another miscarriage especially right before deployment. Nausea has been all day, food aversions and cravings galore. I am hungry all the time (so crazy!) and I can't wait for the next 4 weeks to be over so hopefully it will stop! Every time I am nauseous though, I count my blessings because it means the baby is there:-)

So we will keep you guys, family and friends, updated throughout the next several months! Mike will be seeing the pregnancy as you do, so there will probably be many updates:-) I had my "first" appointment today and saw the baby again, strong heartbeat and growing big! Welcome to the family little one number 3!!

7 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

So many things are rolling around in my head right now...ONE: I am elated for you guys!! I am as excited for you as you journey into being parents for the third time as I was the first time I heard you were pregnant with Logan. Two: praise Jesus for the little thriving heartbeat. I am over joyed that the baby is doing well against all odds! Three: Elissa, those pictures are freaking gorgeous, beautiful, sentimental, emotion stirring, perfectly edited!! So happy for you guys..I hate surprises though so this is going to be hard for me...waiting and all..do you mind if I call your doctor and find out what the baby is? I promise I won't tell you? lol

Ashley Sisk said...

Congratulations! Love the photos to mark the occasion.

Kaylee said...

Elissa, your pictures are awesome! What a sweet idea!! All I have to say about #3 is woot-woot!!! SO glad the little one is doing well - Praise Jesus!!! I'll be praying for you guys!

The Stachurskis said...

Ahhh! Yay! Congratulations you guys! This is so exciting! And what a great way to tell everyone! I love it! (I may have to steal it later on! lol) We seem to like to be pregnant at the same time. :) I can't wait to see the upcoming posts! Praise the Lord for this growing life!

Laura Bora said...

I love these pictures. I love this new little Morris baby already! We praise GOD for you little baby! To Him be the glory! Can't hardly wait to see another GORGEOUS Morris child! Love that you are waiting to find out the sex, what a neat way to add so much excitement! Love you all!

Cooking Up Faith said...

Congratulations!!!!

InsideTheCircus said...

YAY! Congrats! I love the pictures. You are such a good mommmy!