Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lover Never Fails...

Most everyone knows 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, it is read at weddings and comes to mind of when thinking about a spouse or someone you love. But have you ever replaced the word LOVE with GOD? When I heard this song of course I thought of the marriage that I have been so blessed with. My wonderful husband who has exceeded every expectation since the day we met and continues to make my heart well up with love and adoration. The other day we had some intense fellowship and I hopped in the car and this song was playing and totally melted my heart and all my frustrations away. I remember when Mike and I were in our early years of marriage, we were driving along the 5 in CA coming back from his family's in Modesto and we got in one of our many heated arguments during that phase in our relationship. As we were giving each other the silent treatment we both looked up at one of the biggest and most bold billboards and it read: "Need Marriage Counseling? --God" We both looked at each other dumbfounded and very humbled. Needless to say we laugh about that day often.

1 John 4:8 says "Whoever does not Love does not know God, because God is love." God is love, that basically sums Him up! If you put all things together, it all leads back to love in Christ's way of loving. An Unconditional love. A kind of love that we aren't able to do even a little of the time! But think about God's amazing love towards us...so forgiving, jealous, passionate, etc. When I thought about this song and replaced the word "Love" with "God". It took on a whole new meaning for me! It humbled me, made me even more crazy in love with God and those around us, and ignited new passions. I know this is quite personal, but why not talk about God's love and all that he does for us? Why not? It is so great and it effects us EVERYDAY! I hope you guys like the song...I am going to try and get a link up here for youtube.




Love is not proud
Love does not boast
Love after all
Matters the most

Love does not run
Love does not hide
Love does not keep
Locked inside

Love is the river that flows through
Love never fails you

Love will sustain
Love will provide
Love will not cease
At the end of time

Love will protect
Love always hopes
Love still believes
When you don’t

Love is the arms that are holding you
Love never fails you

When my heart won’t make a sound
When I can’t turn back around
When the sky is falling down
Nothing is greater than this
Greater than this

Love is right here
Love is alive
Love is the way
The truth the life

Love is the river than flows through
Love is the arms that are holding you
Love is the place you will fly to
Love never fails you

4 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

Brandon Heath is a great song writer and this song is a perfect example of that! Thanks for sharing your heart. A great reminder and encouragement!

InsideTheCircus said...

LOVE This song! And you've put an amazing new twist on it! I'll never hear it the same again.

ElissaM said...

I hope that is a good thing that you won't hear it the same again:-)

The Kincaid Family said...

You and I are always on the same page with the new worship music we are listening too! I love it and I really loved you sharing your take on it with us! Miss you too much E!