Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting ready to celebrate....


...Austin's first birthday! Yup...in a short 2 weeks the little guy will be one years old! I cannot believe that at this time last year I had just finished working a job that was 4 days a week, 9 months pregnant and just dying for that little boy to come out! I remember walking about and hour a day and even running for the last 2 weeks before he made his appearance. We are going to a friends house the weekend before his birthday, so we will celebrate a little with them, and then on the 18th we will have his cake and fun! I am a little gung-ho this year and am going to try and tackle a 3D dinosaur cake. I found the instructions online, and after looking over it, doesn't seem that hard! So we shall see huh? Be waiting for pics of the little birthday guy soon!

5 comments:

Molly said...

That cake looks delish, you are brave to tackle that - but you will do it! Can't wait to see pics. I can't believe he's going to be ONE! I keep wanting this newborn stage to be over, but I know I will look back and miss it (well some of it). Your boys are so handsome! I can't wait until you have three of them. ha ha, I'm just kidding...or am i?

ElissaM said...

I know my cake will be a dinosaur monster thing so it will be funny to see how it turns out. remember the nasty healthy cake I made for logan? No one else ate it but him...lucky Austin will get a sugar filled one! 3 boys...only if I am lucky!

Ben and Melissa said...

oh wow Elissa I can't wait to see your cake! I think I may let Hudson eat a real cake for his 1st b-day too. 2nd child already getting treated differently than our 1st! This year has flown by!

Casey Martinez said...

Wow! That looks hard but, then again I'm not the best at even getting a square cake out of a pan without ruining it:). I can't wait to see it when it's finished!! Also, can't wait to celebrate with you guys next weekend:) Fun!

InsideTheCircus said...

Can't wait to see it! I did "The Daily Planet" for Gabe's first birthday. It was okay. :)