Monday, November 23, 2009

God's Love is in between

Our church has sung this song a couple of times lately and I have heard it numerous times before, but the way they sing it is so powerful and when you sing it to the Lord it is so humbling. It is called Times by Tenth Avenue North. I see it has a love song between me and the Lord. Wrestling with ourselves, wrestling with the Lord and just pouring my heart to Him. The first part is about how we feel towards Jesus, how we want Him, but we feel so unworthy, how we know we need Him and want to love Him, but we just feel like our sin is too much. Paul says that he does the things he doesn't want to do and the things he wants to he cannot because of his sin. I feel like that most mornings, when I think about the day before and how I could have done things differently. The feeling of unworthiness and defeat can be so strong. And then in the second part of the song when the Lord answers and just so plainly says and reminds us of his love that is so perfect and genuine. So overwhelming and filling. It surrounds. He loves us when we don't deserve it but He does it anyways and so well. I know in my heart and head that I wanted to say more about this, but I just become so humbled by the thoughts of Gods love. Plainly said. So grateful this thanksgiving season for the Love that Jesus has shown me this past year. It sounds so simple but I wish I could portray the awe I have in words. Enjoy the song! The link for the song is at the bottom.




I know i need you
I need to love you
I love to see you, and its been so long
i long to feel you
i feel this need for you'
and i need to hear you
is that so wrong?
now you pulled me near you
when we're close i fear you
still im afraid to tell you
all that i've done
are you done forgiving?
or can you look pass my pretending?
Lord i'm so tired of defending
what i've become
what have i become?

(the Lord says...)

i hear you say "my love is over,
its underneath, its inside, its in between
the times you doubt me, when you can't feel
the times that you've questioned 'is this for real?'
the times you've broken, the times that you mend
the times you hate me and the times that you bend
well my love is over, its underneath
its inside, its in between,
these times you're healing
and when your heart breaks
the times that you feel like you've fallen from grace
the times you're hurting
the times that you heal
the times you go hungry and *are tempted* to steal
in times of confusion and chaos and pain
im there in your sorrow under the weight of your shame
im there through your heartache
im there in the storm
my love i will keep you by my power alone
i dont care where you've fallen, where you have been
i'll never forsake you
my love never ends, it never ends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw_8o85lFxA&feature=related

No comments: