Sunday, October 3, 2010

Crazy Morris Updates...

Lack of blogs may be a good sign to some, but here it means sickness. Every night since Thursday night Logan has had a high fever...I am talking 103 and barely any less. His little body gets so hot I can barely touch him for a long period of time, he complains of his head hurting and his little face turns so red. I end up staring at him and checking his temp all night, making sure he is ok rather than sleeping. We went to the doc on Sat morning and 2 hours before we were there he had a big temp, but after meds in the morning the fever seems to disappear during the day. They took blood and urine (he had fun peeing in a cup) but it all came back normal. The conclusion was a cold virus. I was kinda disappointed because I would like a better diagnosis for this crazy high fever! But also grateful it wasn't the flu or something. Last night went pretty well, I kept the meds ahead of his fever and he didn't have anything above 101 last night. However, this morning he started throwing up! I was like...poor baby will never want to go to bed again! I was real strict with his diet today which he didn't like, but he did well. No signs of a fever tonight so I am hoping this goes away! It is just so strange because there are no other symptoms! No tummy hurting, diarrhea, etc...only headaches with the fever. We are praying and hoping that the Lord heals his little body.

One a side note...the whole having accidents on the bathroom floor has gotten so much better! Thanks for those who prayed and gave advice. We had Dad talk to him over the computer and I have been much more thorough when and how much he goes to the bathroom. Thank you all for your wonderful advice!


This is what our morning looked like...



This is what our afternoon looked like...it is fun to see them play together:-)



The other wonderful son in my life Austin is growing up so fast! I have realized that he really has a bunch of words that he says! Ball, doggie, moo, birdie, cheese, more (then signs please), even I love you (which sounds like it all put together) which he first said to Daddy over the webcam. Of course I can't remember all of them. He is such an independent little man and plays so hard! I love watching him be a boy. His pickiness for food is still there, but I feel that he does get a good amount of nutrition with the foods he will eat. Tonight he discovered Ranch Drng so hopefully I can use that some more! He loves to use his fork and spoon and it is nice for me to not have such a big messy boy to clean up afterwards!

I will be updating on the pregnancy later this week when I hit 4 months! Can't believe it is that time already...lets just say some days I need the preggo pants and others I don't (which I am not sure is a good thing). I already waddle like I am 9 months pregnant with this crazy back pain already! But I am getting more and more excited to feel it move. Anyways, hope you all had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh goodness, poor boy! I hope he feels better soon!!

Casey Martinez said...

So sorry to hear about Logan!! Poor boo boo:( I pray that his fever goes away in Jesus name and that whatever bug is in him goes away. I hate seeing Daisy not feeling well...those days are going to be very hard for me. Did you keep him in your bed? Crazy that you are already 4 months preggo! I swear you are having all the same symptoms I had...back pain was the worst with Daisy..still have it unfortunately and that was why I had to sleep on the couch every night from 4 months on. HOpe your pillow works!! Miss you

Anonymous said...

Hope Logan feels better soon. Maybe we can shoot for this coming Saturday. :D He could have thrown up because his head hurt so much. I know I have done that before. Have a great week. Praying for you all.

InsideTheCircus said...

Elle and Gabe both went through that headache fever thing just less than a week from each other. It was rough. Gabe got it on the weekend and Elle got it mid to late the next week. Both just laid on the couch or in our bed and watched movies. Special treat to lay in Mom & Dad's bed and watch movies. We just felt so bad for them.