Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Logan Rodney Morris

As my oldest son is getting older, I am grateful he isn't at an age yet where I feel old because of his age. Three years is getting older, but it's not 5 or even 10! Anyways, my little man's birthday was today and we had fun with it! As he gets older he obviously understands more and more. Unfortunately Mike couldn't be here today to celebrate with us, so we didn't go anything real big, but will wait till this weekend to open presents and make another 3D cake! Tonight I did make some cupcakes for his class tomorrow which is really fun making something special for him for his school...now that makes me feel old!

I knew Logan turned three today because during our play time tonight he ran into the bathroom and I called out asking what he was doing (usually announces he has to go potty), Logan answers: "I am going pee mommy!" Me: "Do you need help?" Logan: "No mommy, I do NOT need help". And he did it all...all of it, pants pulling, sitting down, flushing, pants up, all by himself! What a big guy! He has been saying so many full sentences and it is fun to hear what he has to say...I will have to start writing down more what he says so I can remember! I know he is very interested in the lights when we drive. He constantly tells me what color the light is and if it is a circle or arrow. He even knows on a left turn that I have to wait for the cars to go by first! Silly guy. He still loves puzzles and monster trucks, still runs into Austin when he walks by (but now Austin can hold his own better), they wrestle and laugh together. Logan has a gentle heart yet is very adventurous when Daddy is around. He is starting to get a grasp on the Lord by remembering verses that we share with him and doing a devotion every once and awhile. He is so special to us and I am so grateful to have him as our first son. As much as people say it is actually "terrible threes" I am still so excited to see what this year holds for us.

Some friends of ours told us about this song that is playing on the playlist and it totally melted my heart. I am so glad that Mike has Logan AND Austin now. If my sons are anything like Mike, they are going to be incredible, loving, Godly, humorous, and amazing....

"He's gonna love me and hate me along the way
Years are gonna fly by I already dread the day
Hes gonna hug hes momma hes gonna shake my hand..." Brad Paisley



Logan is (in order) 4 days old, 15 months, 7 or 8 months, and 2 years.





I took these pictures the other day of my silly boy. Such great faces!



4 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Logan! What a great day! I have loved that song since the day I heard it. It's even more special when you have TWO boys.

Casey Martinez said...

I just watched the movie my sister's keeper so now I'm all emotional and want to cry after reading your post:) lol. For starters, Happy 3rd Birthday Logan!! Joey and I have absolutely LOVED watching Logan grow up and being a part of his life. He is such a precious little boy and I know God has great things in store for his life. You guys are such awesome parents and we are very happy to be a part of your lovely family:) Love seeing the baby vs toddler pictures. He's gotten so big!

ElissaM said...

It was a very low key day but very nice, and yes Molly...you know how special it is! Thank you Casey for being able to watch him grow up! It has been great having stability during these past three years!

Mike said...

I love you honey and miss you right now more than I ever have. I wish I could have been there today. Thank you for being an amazing mother!