Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Brick Planter Progress and Painted Bookshelf!


Our family lately has been really into projects. I had my own that I did all myself which was painting a bookshelf for the boys. I found this dresser on craigslist for 20 bucks, bought some paint for 15 and tah-dah!!! I used a power sander to get the dresser rough, spray painted some primer and then over the course of 4 or 5 days, painted the dresser. I was really impressed with how it turned out and may be painting some more pieces of furniture to spruce it all up!











Since we are not selling the house within the next year, we decided to improve our lawn and landscape a little. Mike is so skillful at so many things he just took on this project like it was nothing:-) I am always so amazed at how talented he is at SO MANY things. Here are some pictures of the progress. I also enjoy how much Mike includes his boys in these projects; such a good Daddy! Most of the time Logan looked for bugs and tried to steal the tools we were working with (yes I helped a lot even though there are no pics of me) and Austin just walked around and ate dirt.


Our yard before! Not too bad, but EVERY time it rains it floods and becomes a pool of water.



Logan starting to dig.



Pushing the tree down. It was already tilted to one side after a nasty storm this winter. We tried to fix it but it wasn't going to go straight again.




Austin running around.




The trench that the concrete will go in. I helped!




I thought this was so cute, he had the tape measure clipped to his belt when I got outside and had his toolbox out. He looks so old!




Getting ready for a long day's work!



Pounding in the forms. Too cute to watch!




Our buddy and his wife came over to help. Thank you so much! Couldn't have done it without you!




Austin-bo-baustin



The concrete poured and done!



Logan in the wheelbarrow.



All done for now!


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

wow! great job you guys!

Casey Martinez said...

where do I start?? I love all of these pictures!! The dresser looks absolutely amazing!!! O love the two colors and the stripes on top. Great idea! Love the picture of Logan and Mike pushing the tree down and the angled shots of the planter. Great job Mike!